Professionals and Organizations
For more information, please click on the individual sections below.
- Rigourous program development in partnership with reputed mental health experts. Forty-two (42) affiliated experts from over 20 organizations participated in the validation process.
- Large investment in the program’s design and validation: more than 14,000 hours of work and $0.6 million invested. Revivre would like to thank the +Prends soin de toi program for its financial contribution.
- The number of workshops and people benefiting from J’avance! is experiencing strong growth, with more than 7,000 workshop participants since 2012.
- More than 900 professionals and mental health workers trained by Revivre in workshop facilitation.
- 711 workshops held since 2012, of which 170 were held by Revivre.
- Now offered in more than 14 regions across Québec, through Revivre’s 65 partner organizations. To view the list of our partner organizations presently offering the workshops, please click here (French only).
- 100% of participants would recommend our workshops (89% satisfaction rate).
- Amélioration des symptômes selon une étude universitaire réalisée par Janie Houle (Houle et al. (2014). Évaluation de l’acceptabilité et de l’efficacité potentielle de l’Atelier d’autogestion de la dépression de Revivre. UQAM).
- Clinical effectiveness of the intervention backed by evidence-based findings has been demonstrated (see program section).
- Improvement of symptoms according to a university study carried out by Dr. Janie Houle (Houle et al. 2014. Assessment of the acceptability and potential effectiveness of the Revivre Depression Self-Management Workshop. UQAM).
- Declared a quality solution by the Centre national d’excellence en santé mentale.
- Turnkey program for mental health professionals.
- Translation of the Anxiety Self-Management workshop from French-to-English is now complete. Plan to translate the remaining four (4) workshops is now underway (subject to financial partnerships or donor investments).
Training on self-management support and recovery through group interventions for anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder
|Objectives||To advance knowledge of the self-management support approach.
Become familiar with the content of the J’avance! self-management workshops developed by Revivre.
Learning is focused on key elements of the self-management support intervention (e.g., empowerment, recovery, feeling of self-efficacy).
|Price||$320, taxes not included (1 facilitation guide included, theme of your choice)|
|For who?||For mental health care workers or other professionals who work with clinical populations
Download the recommended profile (PDF – French).
|Professionally recognized||Recognized by the Order of psychologists of Quebec; Order of Social Workers, Family, and Marriage Therapists of Quebec|
|Dates||Thursday, September 10, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Montreal
Thursday, September 17, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Montreal
Thursday, November 19, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Montreal
- Note: A minimum number of participants is required for the training to occur. We reserve the right to cancel a session in the event of insufficient registrations. Registration fees that are already paid will be reimbursed (if applicable).
Self-management support training for depression
|Objectives||Avoir une meilleure connaissance de l’approche du soutien à l’autogestion pour la dépression
Se familiariser avec différentes approches d’intervention, incluant les ateliers de soutien à l’autogestion du programme J’avance! développés par Revivre pour la dépression et l’anxiété
Cibler les éléments clés de l’intervention du soutien à l’autogestion (autonomisation, reprise de pouvoir, sentiment d’auto-efficacité)
|Tarifs||169 $ (membre de l’OIIQ) / 200 $ (non-membre de l’OIIQ)|
|Pour qui||Les infirmiers et les infirmières en santé mentale
Tout professionnel intéressé par le soutien à l’autogestion
|Reconnaissance professionnelle||Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec|
|Date||Le samedi 7 novembre 2020, de 8 h 30 à 17 h,
au Palais des congrès de Montréal
- Note : L’inscription se fait par la plate-forme Mistral de l’OIIQ.
À la demande, nous pouvons nous déplacer pour former des équipes complètes (groupe de 8 à 16 participants).
Nous offrons également des ateliers et des conférences sur mesure sur différents sujets : les stratégies d’autogestion, les problématiques de santé mentale, la santé mentale et le travail, etc.
Who can lead the workshops? Applicants must meet particular criteria based on their level of experience, professional training, whether they’ve received prior training from Revivre, as well as their qualities and skills. The workshops were designed to be offered by teams of two (co-facilitators) which allows us to draw on the complementary skills of various professionals.
In addition, co-facilitators must have worked in an organization with a clientele affected by anxiety or mood disorders
It is recommended that you have at least one year of experience working with people with an anxiety or mood disorder.
The workshops can be led by diverse mental health professionals (who work in organizations with a clientele affected by anxiety or mood disorders), including:
- Social workers
- Guidance counsellors
- Occupational therapists
- Certified peer helpers
- Other mental health workers
The term « other mental health workers » encompasses persons with recognized training and professional experience in mental health intervention.
Mandatory training offered by Revivre:
The one-day self-management support training offered by Revivre is essential for running the J’avance! workshops.
Key qualities and skills of co-facilitators:
- Good knowledge of anxiety and mood disorders
- Good intervention skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team (co-facilitation)
- Knowledge of how the mental health network is organized, as well as local resources
- Ability to assess the emergency and suicidal risk of a person and capacity to intervene accordingly
- Ability to adapt to various problematic situations experienced in a group
- Ability to be humble and respectful and to bring the skills and subjective experience of those affected to the fore
- Ability to empathize and recognize the intrinsic worth of all participants
Co-facilitation and complementarity of co-facilitators:
The workshops were designed to be offered in co-facilitation, that is to say, by two facilitators with the above recommended profile who have also undergone Revivre’s self-management training. We believe that complementary profiles can enhance the quality of the intervention.
Revivre actively seeks to enlarge and consolidate its number of collaborators offering the workshops. Currently, workshops are offered in the following regions:
- Saguenay − Lac-Saint-Jean
To see the full list of partner organizations currently offering the workshops, please click here [French only].
For any organization with a clientele with anxiety or mood disorders, it may be advantageous and relevant to offer the J’avance! workshops.
The types of organizations that can offer the workshops include:
- Integrated Health and Social Services Centres (CISSS)
- Integrated University Health and Social Services Centres (CIUSSS)
- Community organizations
- Family medicine groups or medical clinics
- Private companies offering employee assistance programs or working in the health field (e.g. rehabilitation)
In some regions, partnerships have been established between CISSS and community organizations to jointly offer the workshops.
If you are part of an organization with a clientele affected by anxiety or mood disorders, it may be appropriate and beneficial to offer your clientele a group intervention based on self-management support. Should you be interested:
- Contact the person in charge of the J’avance! program at Revivre in order to establish an agreement.
- Select co-facilitators from amongst your staff and ask them to enroll in the training offered by Revivre (fees applicable)
- Determine which workshops best fit the profile of your clientele.
- Acquire the material (guide for participants and workbooks for participants, fees applicable)
To understand the terms of an agreement with Revivre, organize training in your region or to order workshop materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Material for workshops
Revivre has developed materials for workshop facilitation, which include—for each of the five workshops—the following:
- Guide for facilitators
- Material for participants (available in series of 15)
- Participants’ weekly workbooks
- Toolbox for depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and workplace workshops
- Certificate of participation
Anyone who has registered or has already completed the Revivre training can obtain the facilitator guide. The sale of participant workbooks is reserved for organizations that currently offer the workshops to their clientele or are planning to do so.
For prices or to order workshop materials, please contact email@example.com.
To register for self-management support and facilitation training for the J’avance! workshops, please complete the preliminary questionnaire.
Professionals and/or organizations who wish to receive news from Revivre, including upcoming training dates, please click here.
To view or print the J’avance! presentation, click here.
[A turnkey solution for the management of anxiety and mood disorders – Also available in English]